Saturday, March 3, 2012

Today is the day.. #9

Monday October 17th was the day we got to bring our sweet baby Isaac home. We were discharged around 1pm and couldn't get home fast enough. We had to watch some videos and do paperwork before we could leave. We also had to wait to see Dr. Escobar so he could talk to us about at home care. Most of that morning was a blur. We didn't care about anything.. We just wanted to get home. We hadn't been home in almost 2 weeks. We were only planning on staying 2 days. That's why I quit planning things in my life.. You never know what God has already planned for you.

A lot of people ask if I knew my son would have this.. And I didn't. Hirschsprung's is a crazy thing. Some say it's genetic, some don't.. They don't really know. There is no tests that can be done during pregnancy that can tell you if your child has this. However, I have been doing some research and have seen some cases where on an ultrasound there has been some red flags. They don't know until the baby has actually arrived if the child in fact does have HD. For us we will never know WHY Isaac has this.. But we are thankful that he one of the lucky ones. I still had times where I asked why us, why my son, why is this happening.. But then remembered how much worse off some people are. I am trying to bring awareness to this disease and raise money for research. Some of the people I have met along this journey have kids that are still struggling with HD related issues. This can be a very mild issue for some of us but then a really harsh condition for others. Either way the stress endured on this journey is tough on anyone.

When we walked outside it was beautiful out.. The sun was shining and it was warm for a mid October day. We loaded all our stuff into our car.. We had a TON of stuff! And we got in as a family and headed home. Everything was ready for us.. I couldn't wait to show Isaac his nursery like I had told him so much about while he was in the hospital. I had never felt better in my life.. I thanked God for this day. Without our faith, I don't know what would have kept us sane.

In his carseat ready to go home!


Daddy driving us home

No comments:

Post a Comment