Monday, March 26, 2012

Our trip to the aquarium! #16

We celebrated my birthday early - Monday the 19th - and went up to the Seattle Aquarium. It was supposed to be the only "nice" day (40 degrees and cloudy) this week so we wanted to take advantage of it. I have never been to the aquarium and it was so cool! We weren't really sure how Isaac would do in the car because it was the longest car trip we had taken with him. Seattle is about 40 minutes or so from where we live. But he did so great!!! He is such a good baby.. Barely ever fusses. He just does not like to be restrained in the car seat. He is still in an infant seat but a convertible seat is in the near future. I have a feeling he will like that idea.

We were at the aquarium a little over an hour. Isaac was SO interested in the fishes and all the bright colors. It was so cute seeing the smile on his face and him wiggle around with excitement. It was definitely a great time. Every time I ask him if we went to see the fishies, he gets this big smile on his face. So cute. I think we will be getting him his own fish here soon.. :)

We had lunch at a little mexican restaurant between the aquarium and  Pike Place Market called El Puerco Lloron. It was authentic mexican food and was delicious!!!! Isaac wanted to sit on my lap the whole time and look out the window. He was so interested. He also was amazed by the ceiling fan. LOL. We have one in our dining room and he always looks at it.. Even though it is never on. It was so cute.

We walked from lunch to Pike Place Market. We had spent a majority of our day at the aquarium and checking out a few shops along the way so when we got there booths were already packing up. Bummer. We did manage to get some flowers and a hat for Isaac. We also had to get some baklava and cheesecake! My 2 favorite desserts. I can't seem to find baklava ANYWHERE in our area. I need to do a little bit of research because I can't go to Seattle every time I have a sweet tooth. :) There has to be a bakery or a Greek deli that sells it around here.. We ended our adventure by stopping at World Market. I could shop all day in that store. Didn't find much to buy though.. We don't have any room in our house for anything else. It is overrun with baby stuff! Go figure!!!













No comments:

Post a Comment